Reiki is a technique from Japan that is used to assist with relaxation and stress reduction whilst also promoting healing. Administered by “laying on hands”, reiki is centred around the idea that a “life force energy” that is unseen flows through us and is the reason we are alive.
If your “life force energy” is low or blocked, then you are more likely to become ill or suffer from stress-related issues, and if it is high and clear of blockages, you’re more capable of being healthy and happy.
What is reiki?
The word is formed from two Japanese words – Rei, which translates as “God’s Wisdom” or “the Higher Power” and Ki, which translates as “life force energy”.
Some of the benefits:
- Feelings of deep relaxation
- Improved mood and sense of well-being
- Promotes balance and harmony
- Relaxes the body and releases tension
- Breaks down any energy blocks and balances the mind, spirit and body
- Cleanses the body of any toxins and supports the immune system
- Clears the mind and improves focus
- Quickens the body’s ability to self-heal
- Helps with sleep related issues
How does it work?
Although Reiki works alongside all other therapeutic or medical techniques, it must never be used as a substitute for medical care.
“Just for today, I will not anger. Just for today, I will not worry. Just for today, I will be grateful for all my blessings. Just for today, I will work with honesty and integrity. Just for today, I will be kind to all living beings.” – Mikao Usui
Want to learn more?
If you’d like to learn more about reiki, contact us here at Cheshire Wellness Centre.