“Life coaching is all about unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance . It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.” – John Whitmore
What is Life Coaching?
Life coaching tends to be future focused – it creatively allows the client to explore the problem using their own language. The coach helps the client to strategise by asking important questions, and this helps to create an effective pathway towards their goals. The client also sets their own actions and goals and spends time in between sessions working on those agreed actions and goals.
Coaches are not there to be the knowers of everything, but to use developed coaching skills to be curious, connected and present for the client. The coach listens to what is making the client stuck on a certain issue and gives them the resources to change course.
Who would this benefit?
Reasons why someone might want to work with a life coach:
- Stuck in unhelpful habits
- Low self -confidence
- Relationships goals
- Career change
- Major life changes or stressful events
- Suffering from fear of failure
- Unable to set firm boundaries
- Finding a healthy work-life balance
- Want better communication skills
How can coaching change your life?
It can help a client to:
- Recognise unhelpful thought loops
- Make decisions more confidently
- Recognise that they create their own reality through their thoughts
- Understand that they can’t control their first thought but they can control the second
- Be more grateful and appreciative of all that they have
- Be kinder to themselves and others
- Build stronger more fulfilling relationship
- Give them a sense of purpose
- Understand that supervising the mind is key to a happy life
- Build resilience into their life
- Have a deeper understanding of themselves and the people they attract into their life
- Build a more positive outlook on life
What kinds of people come for coaching?
Clients vary from teachers, lawyers, project managers, professional sports people, professional singers, CEOs and letting agents to anyone and everyone in between.
If you’d like to find out more about our life coaching services, get in touch with us at Cheshire Wellness Centre today.